Bishops Hall Green Belt Development
Local Authority: In Greater London
Size: 12,000sqft / 1100sqm
Client: Private client
The site is a 4.4 hectare plot of land located within the Green Belt of Greater London.
Local properties are typically large detached houses set within grounds at sporadic intervals throughout the countryside. Small settlements scattered throughout green fields are interspersed with densely wooded areas and a number of golf courses.
The subject property gets its name from an earlier building that occupied the site, the gate lodge and associated ancillary building still survives at the South-Eastern entrance to the site
Currently occupied by a large twentieth century house and densely planted with a mixture of mature trees and shrubs, the site features a number of small outbuildings scattered to the Northern portion.
The approach taken to the proposed scheme carefully navigates the special planning policies relating to replacement dwellings within the Green Belt areas, where development is subject to strict control.
Styled in a Neo-classical tradition, the building sits comfortably in the site taking full advantage of the view to the East of the lake which is ignored by the existing houses orientation.
Formal landscaping has been limited to the area immediately in front of the proposed house forming the driveway centrepiece. This enables the retention of nearly all of the existing surrounding vegetation which evokes the feeling of a mature garden setting and an established country house.
Key features of the scheme include:
- Green Belt development.
- Mature landscaped gardens with tennis court.
- Indoor Swimming Pool, hot tub, steam room and associated facilities.
- Main receptions, terrace and master bedroom and other key rooms have views to the lake.
- Spacious entertaining areas.
- Generous garage complex designed for large vehicles with additional garaging via car lifts.
- Porte Cochere designed for large luxury vehicles.
- All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms.
- 2 self-contained staff flats.
- Full passenger lift.
- Wine Vault.
- Substantial roof garden and terraces.
- New vehicular and pedestrian entrance from the public highway.